MatricsMate App - Register to receive matric results
MatricsMate is free SABC Education mobile app that offers matriculants with results every year during January. The mobile app acts as a guide on the way forward should the results be positive or negative.
The App offers study opportunities e.g. NASFAS, Universities Bursaries and other scholarships and as well as Matric Second Chance and TVET education.
- And yes, the name MatricsMate is from the Matric Results.
- Data charges may apply.
MatricsMate serves as an alternative of receiving Matric Results using USSD and SMSs. Matric Results are secured with end-to-end encryption, meaning that no third party can access Matric results of the students in this platform.
The app aims to broaden the scope of the matric results registration to receive results and create a platform to interact with users and stakeholders.
The objective is to grow interest of online learning, literacy and studies within matric community and the general publics. Strive towards generation and creation of knowledge society with a sole aim to establish a democratic civil society.
What the app offers the user
- User authentication, login/register either through Facebook, Twitter, email, or google.
- Access to receive matric results as soon as they are released on 04 January 2019.
- User has to provide both their exam number and student number if they wish to view their results.
- Get access to the DBE past question papers and memorandum papers
- Exams timetables as soon as they are made available from the DBE
- Get the latest SABC news on education
- Online Competitions, which are also running on social media platforms.
- Get content offered by the matric’s 2nd chance
- Able to view SABC Education programs such as Gelelza Nathi, The Epic Hangout, Daily Thetha, Skeem Saam and many more.
- See provincial stats of the matriculants performance
- Link to SEVA
The MatricsMate App is structured as per the following features:
- Student database: Old archived results of previous students, (individuals will only accessed their own results using the Examination Number and ID number).
- School database: This shows the overall statistics of individual schools, contact information per school (on each school, there will be information about their district officials, their curriculum subjects and other extra mural activities), and Statistics of the country compared to other countries (data will be collected annually).
- MatricsMate App has links and feeds of the Department of Basic Education (DBE) and soon to the SABC Education App. MatricsMate App also carry a host of resources for the students to prepare and pass their Senior Certificate Examinations. The links and feeds will be extended to Geleza Nathi episodes, Career Guide App, Online Library, SABC Education Virtual Academy (SEVA) and other learning programmes on YouTube and social media.
- Online Competition structure: The App is able to run online competition for users to participate directly over the platform and provide the necessary feedback.
Download the MatricsMate App for free from Google Play and Apple App Stores. For further details on the MatricsMate App, contact Eric Muragana, Digital Media Manager, SABC Education at 073 490 8632.